Monday, September 24, 2012

Great Wedding Idea's








Great idea's for any wedding or formal event



I helped with decorating a wedding once and found out just how crafty I can be. I also found out that being crafty and creating your own decorations can help to save a ton of money on a wedding. I took that knowledge and put it to good use when it came to planning my own wedding.


Weddings and formal events can be pretty stressful and as great as it may seem to hire a wedding planner/decorator it's just not in the budget for many of us. So here are some great idea's to help save money on a wedding and/or formal event. I found that making these items myself I felt more in control over what the outcome of the decorating would look like.
Bouquets, and flower arrangements

You can find a lot of what you need to create your own bouquets and flower arrangements from your local craft store but I found if your plan a large event and want a large amount of flowers it's cheaper to buy in bulk. EBay is a great place to start looking for artificial flowers.
When designing your own bouquets you can go as simple or crazy as you want. Keep in mind the bigger and crazier you want your bouquets the harder the will be in putting them together.

It's really as simple as purchasing the items that you need and putting them together.

Here is a list of what you will need to put together your own bouquets/arrangements.
-hot glue, and gun
-Artificial flowers (your choice of flower type and colors)
-Styrofoam bouquet holder
-Ribbon, and any other decorations you wish to add into the bouquets such as feathers, diamonds, and stones just to name a few.
-Vases, and fillers for any other flower arrangements.
-Green craft tape
-Styrofoam bouquet holder/ other Styrofoam needed for other flower arrangements.

Carefully arrange the flowers the way you would like them to look then glue them into place. Afterwards add the decorations then glue them into place as well. Top it off with some ribbon and your done.


Flower Arrangements-
You will not need to glue anything together with the flower arrangements that you put into vases but you will want to arrange them to the way you would like them to look and bind them together with green craft tape. You can use baskets and fill them with Styrofoam, glue some green moss into the inside and then stick and glue the flowers into the Styrofoam the way you wish them to look.

Bridal Bouquet
Bridal Bouquet
I used foam roses I purchased in bulk on ebay. I would recomend the foam roses because they look very real.
Here are a few pictures of what I was able to put together myself with the help of the bridal party's.




These baskets we got from the local dollar store, we just painted the colors of the wedding theme.
These giant flowers we purchased from the local dollar store.



When using a clear vase, I would recomend using vase fillers. Here is used blue water pearls that I purchased from www.save-on-crafts.com. These vases I found at the dollar store as well as the star garland. I found pumkins at Walmart and painted them to go with my Cinderella theme wedding.

Here are the Brides Maids Bouquets



 
 
Here are a few other idea's that can be used to for decorations.
 
Wedding tree's are becoming very popular, you can decorate them yourselves.
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment